Ride To Work Day is a global event which promotes the societal benefits of motorcycling and is held on the third Monday of June every year.
The event aims to raise awareness of motorcycling among the wider public and to promote the benefits of motorcycling to employers. At the same time, we aim to show the positive aspects of motorcycling in the media and encourage people to consider taking up biking as an alternative to driving.
We really want to see as many of Ireland’s 50,000+ registered motorcycles on the roads as possible on June 19th next, but we can only do it with your help! If you normally drive a car or van to work, or you usually only ride the bike on the weekends, here’s an opportunity for you to get out and and enjoy riding your bike to work.
- Riding to work is fun!
- Riding to work reduces traffic congestion and parking is free
- Riding to work normally uses less fuel than driving a car
- Riding to work leaves you alert and energized
- Riding to work is less polluting than commuting in a larger vehicle
- Riding to work is less destructive to road surfaces, bridges, etc.
- Riding to work gets you there and back in less time than driving a car
- Riding to work demonstrates motorcycling has a social benefit for all road users
- Riding to work is less stressful than driving
If you are organising a ride out or meet up as part of National Ride to Work Day, let us know the details and we'll publish them at your discretion.
In general, National Ride to Work Day is marked by individual riders making a conscious effort to use their motorcycle, scooter or moped to get to work.
However, we recognise that not everyone has "work" to go to, and lot's of riders organise informal gatherings, meeting up for breakfast or just for a cuppa and a chat. If you've got something planned, and you want a wider audience, let us know and we'll publicise it for you.
See our contact page for details of how to get in touch with the organisers.